Monk’s fishing house located in the grounds of Cong Abbey Co/Mayo Ireland. This ingenious structure was built sometime between 1400 and 1550 on a platform over the River Cong. A small arched opening allows the river to flow underneath the floor of the building and a trapdoor allowed the monks to drop a net to catch fish. A line was then connected to the kitchen in the monastery to alert of a fresh catch. The house also had a chimney and a fireplace to keep the monks nice and warm whilst fishing..Perfect!
All of shared francebluebird photography are subject to copyright.Unauthorised reproduction is strictly prohibited.
Choose and Buy Products Below :